I don't mind that the ridiculous "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" took first place at the box office this weekend.
All I care about is that "An American Carol" made more money that "Religulous."
If you dislike everything about the nutty far Left, you must go see this movie:
I love this article. The only rebuttal I have is that Batman is not merely a metaphor for George Bush, but for all the people who believe in fighting the War on Terror, be they civilians, soldiers, etc. If you still see the truth of the threat the free world faces, chances are you've been discriminated against by your peers, teachers, coworkers, neighbors..... But as my favorite line in "The Dark Knight" goes:
"Stand up to a terrorist, even if people hate you for it."
From Batman–The Dark Knight after 9/11, by Eric Golub
"Some feel that only police officers and judges should have guns. Others feel that this would embolden criminals. We now know that increased citizen gun ownership leads to dramatic reductions in crime. Deterrence works.
Batman is a deterrent. His methods scrape dangerously against the law. In fact, Batman takes steps in this movie that would make the ACLU cringe...."
"People criticize Batman, but they simply do not understand that he saves lives.
Most importantly, Batman himself is willing to be reviled and let others take the credit. He is not worried about the popular opinion of him. He is busy saving lives.
...Batman is President George W. Bush.
President Bush wants to kill terrorists. The argument is not over whether to do it. With the exception of the most extreme left wingers, there is a consensus in America to get the bad guys. The argument among the good guys comes in the form of the methods.
President Bush, like Batman, gets raked over the coals. Yet when all is said and done, Batman’s critics have no alternative solutions that are viable. If they did, Batman would not be necessary.
There are people in this nation that have a deep dislike for President Bush, in many cases crossing the line into hatred. Yet when asked what they would do to keep America safe, the crickets chirp loudly.
Talk of diplomacy can work with those that want to live. Yet with bloodthirsty madmen like Zarqawi, there is no room for dialogue. We killed him in a targeted air strike, and the world is forever better off for his death."
Dear Mr. Ex President Clinton:
I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "Thank me, I voted for Clinton-Gore" So, I sat down and reflected on that, and I am sending my "Thank you" for what you have done, specifically:
1) Thank you for introducing us to Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Dolly Kyle Browning, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broderick. Did I leave anyone out?
2) Thank you for teaching my 8 year old about oral sex. I had really planned to wait until he was a little older to discuss it with him, but now he knows more about it than I did as a senior in college.
3) Thank you for showing us that sexual harassment in the work place (especially the White House) and on the job is OK, and all you have to know is what the meaning of "is" is. It really is great to know that certain sexual acts are not sex, and one person may have sex while the other one does NOT have sex.
4) Thank you for reintroducing the concept of impeachment to a new generation and demonstrating that the ridiculous plot of the movie "Wag the Dog" could be plausible after all.
6) Thank you for the 73 House and Senate witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment and 17 witnesses who have fled the country to avoid testifying about Democratic campaign fund raising.
7) Thank you, for the 19 charges, 8 convictions, and 4 imprisonment's from the Whitewater "mess" and the 55 criminal charges and 32 criminal convictions (so far) in the other " Cli nton " scandals.
8) Thanks also for reducing our military by half, "gutting" much of our foreign policy, and flying all over the world on "vacations" carefully disguised as necessary trips.
9) T hank you, also, for "finding" mil lions of dollars (I really didn't need it in the first place, and I can't think of a more deserving group of recipients for my hard-earned tax dollars) for all of your globe-trotting. I understand you, the family and your cronies have logged in more time aboard Air Force One than any other administration.
10) Now that you've left the White House, thanks for the 140 pardons of convicted felons and indicted felon s-in-exile. We will love to have them rejoin society. (Not to mention the scores you pardoned while Governor of Arkansas )
11) Thanks also for removing the White House silverware. I'm sure that Laura Bush didn't like the pattern anyway. Also, enjoy the housewarming gifts you've received from your "friends."
12) Thanks to you and your staff in the West Wing of the White House for vandalizing and destroying government property on the way out. I also appreciate removing all of that excess weight ( China , silverware, linen, towels, ash trays, soap, pens, magnetic compass, flight manuals, etc.) outof Air Force 1. The weight savings means burning less fuel, thus less tax dollars spent on jet fuel. Thank you!
13) And finally, please ensure that Hillary enjoys the $8 million dollar advance for her "tell-all" book and you, Bill, the $10 million advance for your memoirs. Who says crime doesn't pay!
14) The last and most important point - thank you for forcing Israel to let Mohammed Atta go free. Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners." However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. T hus Mohammed Atta was freed and even tually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center . This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports. Why shouldn't Americans know the real truth?
What a guy!! God bless America and THANK YOU (once again) for spending my taxes so wisely and frugally.
A US Citizen
PS. Please pass along a special thank you to Al Gore for "inventing" the Internet, without which I would not be able to send this wonderful, factual e-mail.
AND THE REST OF THE STORY Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a New York State Senator, now comes under the "Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan," which means that even if she never gets reelected, she STILL receives her Congressional salary until she dies. (Would it not be nice if all Americans were pension eligible after only 4 years?)
If Bill outlives her, he then inherits HER salary until HE dies. He is already getting his Presidential salary until he dies. If Hillary outlives Bill, she also gets HIS salary until she dies. Guess who pays for that?
It's common knowledge that in order for her to establish NY residency, they purchased a million dollar-plus house in upscale Chappaqua , New York . Makes sense. They are entitled to Secret Service protection for life. Still makes sense. Here is where it becomes interesting. Their mortgage payments hover at around $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residence HAD to be built within the acreage to house the Secret Service agents.
The Clintons charge the Federal government $10,000 monthly rent for the use of
that extra residence, which is just about equal to their mortgage payment. This means that we, the taxpayers, are paying the Clinton's salary, mortgage, safety, security and transportation as well as the salaries for their 12 man staff, and, this is all perfectly legal!
X-posted everywhere I fuckin' could, as this story is being avoided if not covered up by most corporate news. I kid you not- there is NOTHING about this story on CNN or the LA/NY Times. I could only find it on ABC and Conservative news sites.
The kind of people who run the ACLU are the kind of people who like videos of 6 year old girls being brutally raped. Read the full article here or watch the video below.
The ACLU declines to comment
Read this, too: The ACLU in Vermont tries to make it LEGAL to get child porn over the internet.
There you have it, folks. These are the kind of people you get on the far Left.
Might California Ban the Old Bulb?
By LAURA KURTZMAN
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - How many people does it take to change a light bulb? In California, the answer could be a majority of the Legislature.
The electricity-wasting incandescent bulb would be banned - replaced by energy efficient compact fluorescents - under a bill that Assemblyman Lloyd Levine plans to introduce.
He says the spiral light sources are so efficient that consumers should be forced to use them. The compact bulbs use one-fourth the electricity spent in an equivalent incandescent.
"Incandescent light bulbs were first developed almost 125 years ago, and since that time they have undergone no major modifications," said Levine, a Democrat from Los Angeles, said in a news release Tuesday. "It's time to take a step forward."
The bulb bill was not yet on the legislative calendar. Last year, the Legislature passed a Levine bill that requires large supermarkets to recycle plastic bags. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed that bill but has not taken a position on the light bulb proposal.
Assemblyman Jared Huffman, who represents San Rafael, is working on a similar bill.
Critics say people should be allowed to make their own choices about which bulbs they buy, but Levine, who heads the Assembly's Utilities and Commerce Committee, points out that electric utilities give them away.
Banning the light bulb?! FORCING people to buy a new bulb?! Liberals are always complaining that the government takes away our freedoms and that no one can force you to do anything. Yet here they are...FORCING people to buy a light bulb. Unless these morons are giving me money to buy these specific bulbs or the bulbs are FREE, there is no way in hell that anyone is telling me what I can and cannot buy. Even though this is in CA, if it passes, I can see NY, the nasty blue state that it is, following behind.
My poor gullible brother is getting brainwashed by his junior college teacher. He actually called me saying things like, "America is one of the WORST countries in the world!" and "George Bush and the Republicans are ruining us!"
It's a class he has, and his douchebag teacher. Said douchebag makes his students read articles from moveon.org and other crappy sites. I argued with Jamie and tried to set him straight until I was yelling into the phone. Exhausted, I hung up.
Why did I try to save my brother from brainwashing by his communist teacher? I had just watched this video of Wafa Sultan, Syrian-American psychologist, decry Islam for what it REALLY is.
Watch this. She's damn good.
August 15, 2006
by Bob Parks
Let’s start this off with a quote….
“It was leadership here at home that gave us strong American influence abroad, and the collapse of imperial Communism. Great nations have responsibilities to lead, and we should always be cautious of those who would lower our profile, because they might just wind up lowering our flag.”
– President Ronald Reagan
With all that’s gone on during the last week in England and it’s ramifications here in the United States, we should be happy to know that someone, somewhere, was doing some good old fashioned electronic surveillance. As someone in our government was determined enough to check out bank records, it was also revealed that some of the airline bombers were duly unemployed, yet suspiciously had thousands of pounds in their British bank accounts.
But when those Islamo-fascists (our friends over at CAIR hate it when we call them that) act up, they now know they’ll have more time to not only plot their terrorist deeds, but the chance of actually boarding an aircraft with an explosive device is greater because of the criticisms of people within our own country.
Also, with all that’s gone on in Israel and Lebanon over the last few weeks, it’s becoming increasingly clear who is on our side and who is not. Apparently, we cannot trust Reuters. We knew we couldn’t trust the likes of CNN when it came to internal political differences, but according to Yaakov Lappin of ynetnews, it was CNN in particular that appears to be using its position as a disseminator of news to portray one side as villain and one as victim.
( Read more...Collapse )
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me?
I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.
She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."
"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."
"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"
"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."
x-posted because it's funny
Playing well with others
Oceanside, L.I.: While the left-wingers continue to whine about mistreatment of battlefield combatants and terrorists, the enemy continues to behead prisoners, plant roadside bombs and kill any child in their path. How can anyone want to bestow Geneva Convention protections while our side is killed and tortured with impunity?
Thank you! It's good to pick up a paper and see someone has sense.
Now I had fun during my sorority days, and we definately had wild times but we were NEVER like this.
It's an absolute shame that girls are doing anything for attention!
What do the ladies of the forum think?
College Girls: Unpaid Whores
If you were to visit a women's studies department at an elite
university, you would encounter a wide variety of courses on the sexual
liberation of women. The main thrust of these courses is that for too
long, various social institutions have prevented women from exploring
their sexual desires. Now, thanks to the heroism of such women as
Gloria Steinem, Margaret Sanger, and Bella Abzug, women have been
partially freed from the oppressive forces of male patriarchy. In other
words, young women are encouraged to be whores.
The chant of Gen. Y college babes might as well be "We're here,
we're whores, get used to it!" No, most girls are not actually
uttering those words, but the slutty sentiments are implicit in the
standard female college behavior - wearing tight shirts and pants,
getting publicly drunk, hanging on every guy around, and engaging in
The concept of "behaving like a lady" is an anachronism. If a
college girl acts like a lady, she is considered boring, prudish, and
old-fashioned. Why is this happening? Five important explanations come